Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Been a Long Time

The fact that it's been a long time since I wrote in this blog should not be interpreted as nothing happening. In fact, too much has been happening to quickly.

We have spent the summer working and getting ready for two major events: our trip to Hong Kong and the Olympics next week followed by moving my daughter Caroline into Wofford College as soon as we return. We are excited about both events though I admit that college is met with mixed emotions for me. I am thankful she will receive a great education in Spartanburg (not Texas) but when you leave you really never come home again. Its been a fast 18 years as I have been reminded by one of my life heroes Steven Curtis Chapman this summer.

We had the privilege of seeing SCC last fall and immediately fell in love with his new song Cinderella. It is a reminder of the brevity of life with your kids and to redeem the time. Tragically in May, Steven and Mary Beth Chapman's adopted daughter Maria was killed in their driveway by a car driven by one of her brothers. This devastating event has so hurt my heart for their family, especially Will Franklin, the 17 year old brother. Seeing the interview with the family from Good Morning America renewed my passion to pray for them as they live out the faith by holding fast to Hope in Jesus. Steven even added a verse to his song Yours (new album that contains Cinderella) as well as changed the closing line to the song Cinderella. The new Yougs can be purchased on iTunes. I suppose all of this puts into perspective my Cinderella moving to college.

As I said last year when Jesse moved, they have been a tremendous privilege..a gift from the Lord...my favorite people.

No comments: